<a href=”https://mmwebhandler.aff-online.com/C/35464?sr=1459761&amp;anid=” rel=”nofollow”><img src=”https://mmwebhandler.aff-online.com/I/35464?sr=1459761&amp;anid=” /></a>

Axe Sport
Don't Miss

AC Milan back in Europa League after CAS overturn Uefa ban

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has overturned Uefa’s ban on AC Milan for next season’s Europa League.

Though CAS agreed with Uefa’s judgement – that Milan had overspent on transfer fees and wages – they said the punishment was “not proportionate”. 

The court said Uefa must now come up with a “proportionate disciplinary measure” for Milan, who will be restored to European competition next season.

Fiorentina, who had been due to take Milan’s place, will now not take part in the Europa League in 2018-19.

 

Milan will enter the group stages of the competition whilst Atalanta, who had been due to take that place, will now in the qualifying rounds, starting against FK Sarajevo on Thursday.

CAS did not publish detailed reasoning behind the urgent decision of three-man panel, who had heard Milan’s appeal yesterday.

The court said that Uefa had not “properly assessed” Milan’s case and noted that the club’s financial position had improved since US hedge fund Elliott Management had taken over last week.

Elliot has promised to invest around £45million in the club after repossessing the holding company former owner Li Yonghong, who had missed a deadline to pay back a loan to the hedge fund and therefore lost the club.

Under Li Milan spent more than £175million on new players last season, including Juventus centre-back Leonardo Bonucci, Porto striker Andre Silva and Bayer Leverkusen playmaker Hakan Calhanoglu.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App